Thank you! I’ve had fun with it, let me know what you think if you get to try it out!
The Quest Machine
A downloadable game
NOW PAY WHAT YOU WANT!
Finding small moments of triumph in the dark.
Testing the bonds between the fellowship.
Gather your friends and embark on an epic quest. Classic fantasy sentiment, wrapped in a modern system that rewards quick thinking and improv, but also has some rules, let's call it rules medium.
A labor of love, inspired by the epic quests of my childhood such as Lord of the Rings, and Waylander. This tabletop role-playing game is about sacrificing all to achieve the goal.
About this game
- The Quest. This game is about forming a fellowship of heroes and embarking on an epic quest in a fantasy world.
- Easy to Learn. No frills and easy to learn, but with some depth.
- Inspirations. This game is inspired by Dungeon World, Apocalypse World, along with the timeless works of Gemmell and Tolkien.
- Mechanic. Similar to games that are Powered By the Apocalypse, but with an advantage/disadvantage system that changes the difficulty of an action without changing the result range (and some other stuff).
- It Ends. Each quest is designed to take 5-7 sessions 2-3 hour sessions.
- The Monomyth. Storytelling guidelines for following or subverting the traditional hero's journey template (the monomyth).
- 71 pages, everything needed to play included.
- A slim 6X8 format for easier phone reading.
- Fillable sheets including character and narrator sheets.
EARLY ACCESS. EXPECT UPDATES AND NEW CONTENT.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- D3 Major update.33 days ago
- Quest Machine cosmetic update63 days ago
- Corrected Bookmarks66 days ago
- Quest Machine Update66 days ago
- Minor updates/tweeks. Character Sheet update.79 days ago
- First major update v2.081 days ago
- Minor update to Weapon Augments94 days ago
- Corrected Bookmarks. Updated movement rules.95 days ago