Thank you! I’ve had fun with it, let me know what you think if you get to try it out!
The Quest Machine
A downloadable game
Finding small moments of triumph in the dark.
Testing the bonds between the fellowship.
Print on demand now available at https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/363649/The-Quest-Machine
Gather your friends and embark on an epic quest. Classic fantasy sentiment, wrapped in a modern system that rewards quick thinking and improv, but also has some rules, let's call it rules medium.
About this game
- The Quest. This game is about forming a fellowship of heroes and embarking on an epic quest in a fantasy world.
- Easy to Learn. No frills and easy to learn, but with some depth.
- Inspirations. This game is mechanically inspired by Dungeon World, Apocalypse World, and thematically inspired by the timeless works of Gemmell and Tolkien.
- Mechanic. Similar to games that are Powered By the Apocalypse, but with an advantage/disadvantage system that changes the difficulty of an action without changing the result range (and some other stuff).
- It Ends. Each quest is designed to take 5-7, 2-3 hour sessions.
- The Monomyth. Storytelling guidelines for following or subverting the traditional hero's journey (the monomyth).
- 177 pages, with everything needed to play included.
- A slim 6X8 format for easier phone reading.
- Fillable sheets, including character and narrator sheets.
EARLY ACCESS. EXPECT UPDATES AND NEW CONTENT.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Artwork and mechanics updateJan 30, 2022
- Big updateDec 31, 2021
- Added small bestiary and set piecesNov 09, 2021
- Added narrator rules.Nov 02, 2021
- Chapter reorderingOct 25, 2021
- Formating update, rules clarifications.Oct 24, 2021
- D3 Major update.Sep 12, 2021
- Quest Machine cosmetic updateAug 13, 2021